This morning we have almost nothing in our house. We do have 24 pieces of luggage that we are going to have to get to the airport and then to the check-in counter this afternoon, and we do have a washer and dryer and fridge. That's a blessing. We also have a vacuum and lots of cleaning supplies. Oh, and we still have a TV and all our DVD's.
Eric's work permit in Germany was approved yesterday, Monday, so we're flying to Germany tonight, Tuesday. We won't arrive until tomorrow, Wednesday. On Thursday we'll probably take the kids on the subway to their school and any other places of interest. Then on Friday we'll get the keys for our apartment and move in. School and work will start on Monday the 2nd of November.
I've promised several people that I would be a faithful blogger. And in fact my camera is packed in my luggage (I'll have to get that out and move it to my carry-on). So I will take pictures of this trip and post as soon as I can. I'm still trying to figure out how to edit my video clips so that they're smaller and more easily posted. I feel like Julie from the movie Julie and Julia.
Books read in 2017
8 years ago


This is a picture of our house in Germany. It is a duplex. We were lucky to get it because the landlord was very nervous to rent to a family with 6 kids. We are also lucky because the kitchen is included and it's much larger than the usual German house or apartment. It's very close to public transportation and Eric could ride the bus to work in 20 minutes. The kids will ride the bus to the subway, then ride the subway for two stops, then get on a shuttle to their school.
ReplyDeleteHey Tamsyn! I'm so glad you are a blogger again. Can't wait to see what your lives will be like in Germany!
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo! Yee Haw! Safe Journey! God Bless!
ReplyDeleteThe pressure's on...you'll have lots of followers. Have a great flight...catch up on lots of movies!
ReplyDeleteOh, and here's our blog address:
ReplyDeletehttp://theplankthree.blogspot.com